Sunday, August 12, 2012

Can Botox and Laser Treatments Be Done on the Same Day?

There are a number of modalities used for facial rejuvenation. Two of the most common are Botox and laser procedures. Botox is used to relax muscles which cause certain lines on the face such as the horizontal lines formed on the forehead when raising the eyebrows and the vertical lines formed between the eyebrows when frowning. Lasers can be used to improve finer lines, other wrinkles, discoloration, redness, and laxity. Many people want all of it done on the same day for fastest results. However, this may not be the safest approach. This is because lasers produce heat in the skin and this heat can cause the Botox (or other neuromodulators such as Dysport and Xeomin) to move. Movement of the Botox can lead to certain side effects depending on the site of injection. These include dropping eyelids, blurred vision, and difficulty smiling. I recommend a period of two weeks between Botox and laser procedures for safe and effective results. Women who are pregnant or breast feeding should not have Botox or laser procedures.

5 comments:

  1. Lots of Good information in your post, I favorited your blog post so I can visit again in the future, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can know if botox and laser treatment be done with . Read to know more

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very well explained thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing the information.

    Botox and laser treatment both are highly used now a days, by both men and women to remove unwanted hair, lines or wrinkles from face and there are many spas who are providing the service of botox and laser treatment and one such spa which I recently, came across is miamibeachlaserspa.com who is providing the treatment of laser, botox etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. botox gummy smile

    ReplyDelete